Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

Wow, it's been awhile since I've blogged and so much has happened. My kids started school last week so the entire family has been in crazy mode. Braeden is in 3rd grade and Brylee, my sweet baby, is starting Kindergarten...yes, the first day was a tearjerker for Mommy! Braeden has also started football and Brylee is cheering for the first time ever and loves her coach...Mommy! Yes, I volunteered to coach yet another sport and this one I know nothing about! I have to say I'm enjoying myself and the time with Brylee and the other girls. They are precious (and they actually think I know what I'm doing)! I was scared to death to take on this task but I love a challenge and I decided I would do it for my girl! How can I expect my kids to take chances in life if I'm not willing to do the same?

Cale and I also competed in yet another triathlon a few weeks ago. I was so excited because I bought a new road bike and couldn't wait to try it out...surely I was going to be my fastest ever!?! My body had other ideas. About 8 miles into the 15 mile bike ride my legs completely locked up with cramps. I've never had pain like that on a bike and it was excrutiating! The problem...Dehydration....plain and simple. That's what I get for not drinking enough water going into the race weekend. It's so hot here and I know better. I'm always telling clients and my kids to drink water all the time...Maybe I should listen! Anyways, not such a good race for me but another lesson learned.

Now that school is under way for us, I'm going back into training mode. I'm currently taking a few new clients and have openings in some group training on Monday and Fridays if anyone is interested. I know most of us are ready to hit it hard now that the kiddos are gone so come get your burn on!

No comments:

Post a Comment