Thursday, January 20, 2011

Do As Your Trainer Says, Not As She Does

The last few weeks have been a total bummer for me! I'm down and out with extreme foot pain which started almost 3 weeks ago...and, no, I didn't listen to the little voice in my head and stop running, teaching, working out, etc. So here I am after several doctor visits, x-rays, nerve tests, and an mri and ct scan in my future...unable to walk and on crutches. I'm crushed. My hopes of running the half maraton next weekend are also crushed(yes, this is dejavu of last year with my knee). The doctor is still running tests to try to find the problem and in the mean time, it's a waiting game and I have to wait while sitting on my rump.

Anyways, to all my clients...listen to my advice but don't follow my lead. I always preach to listen to your body and I didn't do it. My stubborness got in the way. If your body aches, rest it. If something hurts, take care of it. If you're tired and worn down, get enough rest. TAKE IT FROM ME!
So, here I sit and I must admit I've been very productive making way overdue doctor, dentist, and misc. appointments. I've made a list of all rooms I want repainted in the house...sorry honey! I've even started reading some books on dog training...watch out Odie! It's been a productive rest.

Here's another list of healthy tips for the New Year!

1. Forget all the no-no's of 2010 and focus on the here and now.
2. Drink more water than you think you need.
3. Go through your pantry and clean out all junk, anything expired, anything with white flour, white rice and white pasta. Limit your processed foods!
4. Start a food journal. You will be shocked by how much and what you eat.
5. Make a point of eating every 3-4 hours. Small portions. You'll never go hungry.
6. Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days per week!
7. Think of the wonderful attributes you have and not the negatives.


It's Time For A New You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment