Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer

Wow! The year flew by...it's finally here...SUMMER! Yeah! I'm so happy to have the kids home, a little extra time to sleep in and a lighter and less crazy schedule. I'm not happy that my kids will be bugging me on a daily basis to keep them entertained. I'll hear "I'm Bored" countless times over the next few months...agh!!!

I've been trying to put together a daily schedule that will remain posted in plain sight for all to view. My son constantly needs a timeline for the day (where does he get that from???-he he!)
I did find an idea on the internet for an "I'm Bored" Jar...


Inside the jar I placed pieces of paper with fun ideas and also chores. A few ideas are...
Wash the car
Clean the studio
Clean your room
Odie Day (take the dog to a dogpark)
Invite a friend over
Movie
Library


The ideas are endless! Everytime I hear "I'm Bored", the complainer has to pull a piece of paper not knowing if it will be a fun idea or a chore. They are so excited about it so we'll see how it goes!


Our summer evenings are often filled with swimming, dinner outside on the patio and movie time by the pool. We also have a firering so S'mores are a frequent snack for the kiddos. I decided to make my life easier and put together "S'more Jars" that are always full and ready to go. They are a hit!


I'll happily post any other fun summer ideas I come across and would love to hear yours as well. Happy Summer to ALL!!!







2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of mixing in chores!!! Where did you find the jar? I've been to a couple of places and couldn't find one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used a mason jar from hobby lobby and spray painted it. So easy!

    ReplyDelete