Friday, September 16, 2011

Feeding Kids Healthy Meals...Oh, the never ending battle!!

Well, fall is upon us and this means absolute craziness for our family. We have dove head first into football and cheer season! Both my hubby and I are coaching our kids so we have some type of practice or game every night which makes meal planning and cooking quite a challenge. Yes, it's so easy to eat out when I'm too tired to cook but it makes me cringe to think of how unhealthy my family is eating. While we do indulge ourselves with some fun nights out (especially if we're celebrating a "win"), I try my best to cook a healthy meal as much as I can. My son is the awesome eater while my daughter is picky so that's another challenge in itself. I did try a new recipe last night...Broccoli Bites that were a hit with the kiddos (they normally would never touch broccoli) so I thought I'd share...




Broccoli Cheese Bites

16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained of liquid (I used fresh steamed broccoli)
1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese

3 eggs
1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
With your hands, form small patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.


I plan on making an extra batch this weekend that I can freeze and use those nights when there's no time to spare cooking. Hope your family enjoys these too!

No comments:

Post a Comment