Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Calendar




I had to blog about my newest project...an Advent Calendar for my kiddos. No, I did not come up with this one...rather I "borrowed" the idea from an old friend who's kids went to preschool with my kiddos. We have lost touch over the years but I always follow her blog as she is such a creative an inspirational woman!!! Last year, she did an advent calendar on an old ladder for the kids and once I saw the pictures I fell in love! The hardest part was finding the old ladder (I can't believe how difficult it was to find one!) but my mom-in-law found one for me in Round Top. I simply sanded, painted and distressed the ladder and then got to work decorating. Coming up with the ideas for each day took some time and imagination but I think my kids are going to love this and we'll have a new tradition!
Here are some pics of my creation...




















And here are some of the items/ideas I used for each day...



Books, ornaments, movie, Christmas pajamas, candy, "Make a gingerbread house", Tickets to see The Nutcracker, "Movie Night with hot chocolate", "Plan a menu and cook dinner to surprise daddy", "Family breakfast in bed", etc. The possibilities are endless!



I hope you take time to have some fun with the kiddos this Holiday Season!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment