Sunday, May 2, 2010

Oh This Crazy Week!

Well, I took some time this evening to look at my calendar and what lies ahead for this week. One peek and I was having a panic attack (Ok, not really but close). My bro-in-law is getting married next weekend and all four of my family members are in the wedding. I'm also hosting a bridal luncheon on Friday, my hubby is hosting the bachelor party, rehearsal dinner Friday night and wedding on Sat. Let's add to that work, teaching classes, an interview at my kids prospective new private school, my son's field day, my daughter's softball game, dance class and tumbling and about a million errands to run. CRAZINESS!
So, in planning for each week, I always have to pencil in when my workouts will occur. Normally, I always make time to squeeze in one to two hours of exercise a day no matter what I have to do. There is one thing that always keeps me sane, focused, patient and happy...exercise. This week is not looking so good and that makes me stress. I will only be able to squeeze in a few workouts this week and my first thought is to panic...what will I do? Will I cope without my stress relief? Will I look ok in my bridesmaid dress? Deep breaths Kendall! I will survive. I've decided to make the most out of my available workout time, maybe get up a little earlier in the morning to squeeze in some extra exercises and get back on track next week. No harm done and my body will probably enjoy the break.
I'm sure many of you have the same thoughts from time to time. We all have crazy weeks, stressful situations, and hardly any time for ourselves. The easy choice would be to blow off workouts, healthy eating, time for prayer, sleep, etc. This only makes us more stressed, less focused and exhausted. The best course of action is to find a way to squeeze in a little "me" time even if it's only a few minutes each day. Maybe you need to wake up 20 minutes early to get that workout in. Maybe you need to plan a crockpot dinner instead of spending an hour cooking. Maybe you need to spend one less hour volunteering and use that time for prayer and relaxation. Whatever is missing in your life, step back and figure out where you can fit it in. Quit beating yourself up if you can't be all and do all for everyone. We need to take care of ourselves! It's OK to love yourself!
Anyways, the week is planned and will be absolutely crazy. I literally have every hour of each day planned but I'm at my best when working with a schedule. It will all get done somehow and in the end, I will have a wonderful new sis-in-law (God bless her for taking on my bro-in-law) and the wedding will be beautiful.
I just look forward to a calmer week after that where I can have at it in the gym!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment