Tuesday, September 7, 2010

36!! and another year wiser???

Yes, I'm 36! Another year wiser...not so sure about that one. I had a fabulous birthday weekend. It started with a wonderful surprise party thrown by my amazing husband where I was surrounded with my family, friends, and clients. What more can a girl ask for?? I woke up on Saturday to breakfast in bed with my kiddos, presents and then off to the A&M vs. SFA game...not such a good ending for SFA but we had a great time!
On Sunday, I decided to work off some of the b-day goodies with a five mile run and it was rough! It got me to thinking about the last year. When I turned 35, things started changing for me physically. I have so many more aches and pains then I've ever had. It seems I get a new pulled muscle, backache, cramp, neck tension, etc. every week...getting old sucks! It makes me a little apprehensive for the future.
Am I going to be able to continue teaching classes, training clients, running, biking, doing triathlons, etc. for many years to come? Will my body keep up? Will my knees hold up? Who knows???
All I can do is have faith, take care of my body, eat healthy, and enjoy the blessings and talents I've been given. I'm telling myself age is only a number (can I count that high?) and there are people in their 80's running marathons! If they can do it, so can I right?
I know, I know, I'm only in my 30's so what am I complaining about? I'm not saying I'm ancient, just feeling a little more ragged than I did 10 years ago. Exercising is a little tougher, I'm sore more often, and I feel pain more frequently. I guess I have an excuse to get more massages now!
I am definitely thankful for my amazing husband, loving kids, supportive family, many friends, my awesome clients and good health!
Here's to 36! I'm Alive and Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment