Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My weekend project

Here's a picture of my weekend project I completed...




I got my garden planted!
I always look forward to spring so I can get my garden underway with lots of fresh veggies and herbs. I planted cilantro, basil, oregano, parsley, lavender, onions, peppers, zucchini, peanuts, etc. I'm still looking for extras to fill in the holes but I've got a good base going. I love watching the plants grow and we'll have lots of goodies in the next few months!



For those of you without a garden or the space to start one, you can also plant some herbs in containers as I did here with thyme and oregano. They look great in containers! Lavender is beautiful in a container. Once the purple flowers bloom, you can snip a small bundle, tie them with ribbon and hang in your kitchen and they smell so good!!





Here's a handy little tool I just purchased. It's an herb mill and the perfect tool to quickly chop your fresh herbs for cooking. You can get it at www.microplane.com.

Grow 'em, Wash 'em, Chop 'em, Cook 'em and Eat 'em...how's that for DIY cooking!



I hope you give gardening a try. I'm by no means an expert but we've done it for several years so I'm happy to make some recommendations. Happy gardening!

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to my mom about this. I want to grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil.

    ReplyDelete