Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In The Zone

Yesterday was an awesome training day for me! OK, not really for my physically but for my clients. Everyone came to the studio ready to work hard and give it their all. One client in particular made my day. She and I are alike in that we've both been suffering from knee pain when we run. For any runners out there, you can totally feel our mental anguish over not being able to run. If you're a "runner", you thrive on that mental release, time for reflection, and sense of empowerment you get from running. It's hard to explain and hard to live without. Anyways, this particular client came in on Monday totally pumped! She went out for a run over the weekend and finally was "In The Zone"! She told me she set out to jog a few miles and ended up going for 4 miles without pain! She was so into her run and feeling so good, she said she could have gone 4 more miles or more but stopped herself to insure no knee damage would occur. She was so excited to find her groove, feel the rush and let those endorphins kick in. I was so excited for her as I've recently been able to enjoy running again pain free and there's nothing better than getting "in the zone" during a run.
This conversation got me thinking...has everyone had the experience of getting "In The Zone" during a workout? Gosh, I really hope so! There is nothing better than setting out with a goal, reaching it and feeling that overwhelming urge to go above and beyond. Never getting tired, slowing down, feeling pain, etc. It's the biggest rush and confidence builder. It's a feeling I hope everyone can experience in their lifetime.
I encourage you to find your zone whether it be running, swimming, biking, walking, weight training, or any other activity. Set a goal and go for it!
My hope for you this month is that you get "IN THE ZONE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment