Monday, March 29, 2010

My Responsibility!

My Life is MY Responsibility! If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.

I love this saying and wanted to put it out there for eveyone to think about. It's so easy to say you want to change, workout, eat better, get organized, manage your time better, etc...but until you take the necessary steps to make the changes, you'll get nowhere! It's completely your responsibility to turn your life around and noone can do it for you.

Did you know they key to weight loss is 80% nutrition? You can workout for 2 hours a day, killing yourself, and it won't amount to much if you eat whatever you want, whenever you want. I tell my clients that all the time. They want me to kill them in our sessions but then they don't always stay focused with their nutrition. I know that everyday life gets in the way. We all have busy schedules, picky kids and spouses to feed, etc. but that's not an excuse to lose control of our eating. It's like the quote above says, "if you do what you've always done, you've get the same results". Take the time once a week to do your meal planning for the week. I use Sundays as my day to plan the week's meals, do the grocery shopping, pre-dice my fruits and veggies, cook my chicken breasts, pre-package my snacks, etc. All of these things take about an extra hour per week and it's worth every minute! If I really stay focused on my nutrition, I can maintain or even lose a few pounds in no time! I also feel so good about what I'm feeding my family and I know my kids are getting the proper nutrition they need.

I will do my best to post my weekly meal plan as often as I can and also any extra tools I come across. Decide what you want to achieve, stay focused, plan ahead and reach your goals and the changes will come!

2 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog! I am liking it so far! I love to work out but find that running is a challenge the older I get. I am only 32, but I just cannot seem to find it in me anymore. I want to run a marathon...this year. I am hoping your blog might inspire me!!I am into pilates and a lot of variety. I am sort of fit but know I could do so much better, especially with my eating!! I am going to try your shake this week...love protein shakes!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, thanks for reading my blog! I'll have some running tips soon that might give you a little boost! Let me know if you ever have questions!

    ReplyDelete