Thursday, June 10, 2010

Aqua Classes are Under Way!

Well, week 1 of my summer aqua classes is done. I absolutely love teaching these classes for so many reasons.
First of all, I'm in the comfort of my own pool which is awesome. I can step outside and start teaching...no stress, packing up the kids, loading bags, etc.
Second, the participants are mostly family and good friends which I love! It gives everyone the chance to catch up, vent, laugh, etc. all while working out. I know many of you don't think of water aerobics as a strenuous workout but that is such a misconception! We work hard using aqua dumbbells, noodles, and the water as our resistance. Every movement you make in water causes resistance and I'm usually sweating like crazy!
Do you have a pool at home? If so, I encourage you to get in a start MOVING! Jog in place, lift your knees, do jumping jacks, tread water, or whatever gets your heart rate up and muscles burning. It's fun in the sun with a little sweat mixed in! If you'd like to try one of my aqua classes, let me know as I've got a few spots here and there and would love everyone to join the fun!
I can't wait to make a splash on week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment