Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gym time baby!

I am pumped for today...I'm headed to the gym. Many of you may be thinking "Kendall, you are truly sick in the head to look forward to the gym on a Saturday!" Well, maybe so, but with my crazy and hectic schedule of work, teaching, kids, family, etc., I rarely get to go to the gym these days unless I'm teaching. These days the majority of my workouts take place in my training studio. After staring at the same four walls all day, I'm usually screaming to change scenery and find it hard to stay motivated for my workouts.
Today is a rare Saturday...nothing to do, no place to be, no kids' sports, etc. I'm planning a vigorous 2 hour workout involving the stairclimber, treadmill and lots of squats and lunges. The next two hours are all about me, my ipod, and the gym. It's time to get in the zone and feel the burn. My workout will be followed with a protein shake mixed with my new best friend...my Cuisinart hand blender. This tool is the greatest $30 I've ever spent. I highly recommend it for making your protein shakes. Just mix your preferred protein powder, crushed ice, a banana (or whatever fruit you desire) and a little flaxseed. Blend for a few seconds and VOILA! An awesome protein shake which will immediately help with muscle repair and restoration.
OK...enough computer time. It's time to get dressed, load my bag and head to the gym. I hope to see you there! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment