Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hello Rain!

We spent the entire day, yesterday, outside with the kids. We started with a nice, long bike ride (the entire family) followed by a picnic lunch. The kids don't get to ride their bikes with us often and they had a great time and were worn out (yeah!) The rest of the day was spent outside mulching the yard, finishing the garden, planting the butterfly garden and various flowers around the yard, and pressure washing. Lots of hard work but our yard looks amazing! I kept saying I wanted it to rain so I wouldn't have to water everything...well, Hello Rain!

I can't say I'm too upset it's raining the last few days of Spring Break. The yellow pollen in the air has been crazy and this rain will wash it away and we also need a good watering of the yard. I can use the time inside to get caught up on laundry, plan workouts, plan meals for the week, etc...there's always something to do! Best of all, it's extra time hanging out with the kids before they go back to school. I've really enjoyed the time off with them, the lazy mornings, no homework, no sports...it gives me a preview of what summer will be like and I'm ready! The bike ride yesterday was awesome and we plan to do more of those as a family. I love it when my kids are getting exercise but think it's just having fun. Pretty soon it will be time to jump in the pool!

I hope everyone is enjoying your Spring Break as well and you've had some time for family fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment