Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sweet!

I often get told by my clients that the one thing holding them back from a "Clean Eating" lifestyle is their overwhelming sweet tooth. Yes, I feel your pain. My husband can attest to the fact that I have a serious sweet tooth and it's sometimes hard to control (especially when the hormones kick in!) I have a few "Clean Eating" recipes that I use to help alleviate my stubborn sweet tooth. Here are a few of my favorites...

Choco-Monkey Protein Shake
Makes 1 serving

Handful of ice cubes
1 C. Skim milk
2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate-flavored whey protein powder
1 medium banana

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
(This really makes quite a bit so I sometimes give a small cup to each of my kids and they love it!)

Chocolate & Banana Protein-Packed Pancakes
Makes 1 serving (3 pancakes)

Olive Oil Spray
1/8 C. low-fat cottage cheese
1/4 C. egg whites
1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1 medium banana, sliced
1 Tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup

Spray a nonstick pan with oil and set on medium heat.
In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg whites and protein powder. Use a handheld blender to mix thoroughly. Pour batter into pan. Cook each side for about 2 minutes or until pancake is golden. Top with banana slices and syrup.

I often get asked what protein powder I use. My favorite is the Chocolate Fudge by Essential Natural. I mix it with water or milk and drink as a snack or after my workout. It is sooo good!

I hope all of you in the Houston area are enjoying this amazing weather! It's a great day for a Choco-Monkey Shake!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Chocolate! That's my sweet of choice. I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete